Apply for a job
Applications support engineer - Limerick, Hybrid
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for operational support, maintenance, monitoring, implementation, documentation and configuration of new and existing systems. These systems include but are not limited to I.T. & Network Management Systems, Operational Support Systems, Business Support Systems. The individual will provide Level 2 Desktop Support to end-users and participate in an On-Call rota. The individual will contribute their I.T. expertise to projects across the business.
· The Application Support Engineer is responsible for maintenance, build, deployment and development of Operational Support Systems, Business Support Systems and Network Management Systems.
· Maintenance and administration of Office 365, AWS, Azure and other cloud environments.
· Level 2 Desktop Support, providing end-user computing support for client applications and systems.
· Participation in support structure, answering incoming support tickets from internal and external users.
· Provide out-of-hours support to users by participating in an On-Call rota.
· Maintenance and upkeep of assets, licenses, contracts and security records.
· Interface with contractors, vendors and other third-parties and contribute to project work.
· Maintenance, build and deployment of desktops, laptops and virtual servers for company
· Responsible for purchasing of equipment and assets.
· Support the various corporate and office networks (LAN, WAN, WLAN, firewall)
· Create System, support and user documentation, including training materials, and maintain such documentation as business needs evolve.
· Assist the IT Team Lead, Head of IT, PMO and other stakeholders with ad hoc IT projects
Key Skills / Qualifications:
This challenging role requires a hands-on candidate with excellent customer focus. They will be responsible for support and maintenance tasks, service delivery and solving problems in a fast-moving and varied technical environment.
A self-starter and motivated individual - the ideal candidate will have:
· Strong working knowledge of Office 365, Windows (client and server), Linux, Active Directory, Intune.
· Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and organizational skills
· Previous experience in the Telecommunications industry advantageous.
· Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby etc.)
· Database administration experience (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, Aurora etc.)
· Knowledge of networking concepts, applications and protocols.
· Experience interacting with APIs, CI/CD tools and development processes.
· Full driving license advantageous (Occasional travel to sites may be required)
· Certification and experience administering cloud infrastructure and SaaS services such Azure, AWS, GCP etc
· Experience managing networks (Switching, Routing, VPN etc.)
· Understanding of IT Security concepts and tools (anti-virus, endpoint management, MDM, network access control, backups and disaster recovery)
· Previous experience with unix/linux
Jobs at CPL
Solutions Architect HealthTech
Senior Automation SDET HealthTech
IT Support Engineer - Limerick Hybrid
Health Safety & Risk Manager
International Accounting -French & FOS Accountant