Apply for a job
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
On behalf of our Multi National Medical Devices company in Clonmel, Co Tipperary, we are currently sourcing a Component Engineer to join their Team.
As a Component Engineer you will work as part of the Supplier Capacity team in selection, developing, qualifying, commercialising, and optimising new and existing suppliers to grow component capacity within our medical device businesses.
- Assess new and existing suppliers for technical and manufacturing capabilities.
- Identify critical to quality requirements for components used to build vessel closure products and translate these requirements into specification and test procedures
- Work with suppliers to validate new and improved processes
- Work with suppliers and incoming inspection laboratories to develop, validate and improve inspection methods
- Identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure supply, quality and timelines are not impacted
- Monitor supplier performance and provide technical support to resolve issues
- Identify process improvements related to component usage or design
- Implement changes under the Abbott change management system
Education and Job Skills
- National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline and 4+ years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experienced in executing validation of equipment or processes, including preparation of protocols and reports
- Prior experience in medical devices or related industries is highly desirable, though not essential
- Ability to plan, organise, and prioritise your daily workload to meet project schedules under general supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exercise authority and judgment to resolve issues within defined limits to determine appropriate action. Green belt certification or experience in using a structured problem-solving approach is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated flexible and innovative approach to work and problem solving
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills required
If you are looking for a new role and have the skills & experience required above please get in touch. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Tele: 087 2419644
Jobs at CPL
Full Stack EV Software Engineer Fully Remote
Product Manager EFSS Fully Remote
Application Support Engineer - Limerick, Hybrid
QUALITY PROCESS ENGINEER