Process Chemistry Team Leader
Team Leader, Process Chemistry
This position is responsible in development and manufacture of OLED materials. Responsibilities include technical ownership, hands on process chemistry, as well as people management and project leadership.
• Develop robust processes for the target compounds that ensure safe and reproducible production
• Develop alternate synthetic routes to target molecules, and modify reactants and/or equipment as required.
• Solve complex chemical problems which may arise during process development, optimization or scale up of processes.
• Understand the concepts of reaction kinetics, design of experiments, solubility and crystallization, mass transfer, heat transfer and process safety.
• Supervise the work of scientists/technicians assigned.
• Ensure all activities comply with corporate EHS policy and safe handling procedures
• Applies scientific principles for research programs involving product development, processing, manufacturing technology, and quality control.
• Accountable for documentation to ensure the consistent manufacture of products; including batch records, production instructions, validation and stability protocols.
• Accountable for documentation to ensure on time and quality delivery of products
• Experience with or ability to master the use of modern research tools such as EasyMax, PolyBlock, Continuous Flow Reactors, and in-situ process monitoring.
• Understand and influence a wide range of stakeholders; collaborate effectively across various cross-functional teams and business units to generate strong engagement and results
• Proactively identify and escalate risks to relevant stakeholders, and with guidance, lead development and execution of mitigation or contingency planning
• Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or M.S with at least 10 years’ experience as described below.
• 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in Synthetic Organic Chemistry in Fine Chemicals or APIs and their intermediates.
• Experience in Process Development, Scale-up, and Technical Process transfer of chemical products
• High degree of emotional intelligence
• Ability to work within a team environment in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Based in Shannon, Ireland
• Travel required up to 10% of time, including internationally
If this job sounds ideal to you & you want to enquire in complete confidence or make an application, contact Darren Brown in Cpl Limerick on 087 405 3774 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs at CPL
Sustainable Destination Development Officer
Solutions Engineer - EV and Renewable Energy
Senior Data Engineer HealthTech
Data Engineer AI HealthTech