Quality Technician - Food Science
On behalf of out client based in Thurles Co Tipperary, I am looking for a Quality Technician to join their team. You will be a key member of the Quality Team supporting the implementation of 3rd party and Customer standards ensuring all requirements are met and any gaps are identified with corrective actions put in place.
Assisting in audits and compliance projects ensuring all non-conformances are managed from root cause to corrective actions.
- Provides to the site knowledge and experience in Quality Systems.
- Understands and applies regulatory / compliance requirements to their role together with remaining current on upcoming regulatory and compliance changes.
- Ensuring Standards are implemented in accordance with individual customer requirements and all legal and regulatory requirements for a Food business
- Coordinating and implementing the entire standard into the processing plant ensuring audit ready at all times. Strong presence in the manufacturing area ensuring all processes are compliant with good manufacturing practice.
- Coaches and guides colleagues within the site with regard to GMP.
- Preparing for and assisting with customer audits, customer visits, and visits from regulatory bodies ensuring timely responses to any Non-conformances and corrective actions are implemented
- Raw material checks in compliance with specification at point of intake ensuring any non conformances are fed back to the suppliers
- Management of the approved supplier list, ensuring that all certifications, specifications, SAQ’s are maintained up to date
- Partake in the coordination of the internal audit plan including traceability and fabrication/hygiene audits and carrying out systems audits as required.
- Maintenance of the glass/Perspex register and auditing against it
- Document control. Updating procedures, records and manuals, reviewing and filing paperwork from the production floor ensuring correct completion of all process control paperwork
- Performing quality checks on products during production ensuring product is produced to customer specification at all times
- Organising management taste panel and partaking in said taste panel
- Preparing samples for external micro analysis in contract lab, logging samples on portal, performing micro tests in internal lab, ensuring results are received and any out of specs reported to management
- Carrying out environmental swabbing as per swabbing plan and trending results
- Carry out all other reasonable quality duties as may be assigned by the Quality Manager and/or the senior management team as required
- Flexible to meet all requirements as part of the Quality team
Key Competencies & Experience for Role:
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science, Quality).
- Demonstrated knowledge in Food manufacturing operation
- 2 years' experience in the Food industry or a similar operating environment which includes experience in a Quality function
- Quality Assurance knowledge, from both operational and educational experience, is required
- Knowledge and experience in interpreting current regulatory requirements and providing independent support to the site.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and fully realize improvement initiatives with a moderate level of guidance
- Passionate about quality assurance and strive for the highest possible quality standards
- Good information technology skills, MS Office etc
- The ability to manage several priorities at once is a necessity
- Strong BRC knowledge essential
- Demonstrate high technical ability and attention to detail to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
If this job sounds ideal to you can Apply please click the Apply Now link.
If you want to enquire in complete confidence contact Darren Brown in Cpl Limerick on 087 405 3774 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs at CPL
Sustainable Destination Development Officer
Solutions Engineer - EV and Renewable Energy
Senior Data Engineer HealthTech
Food Safety and Quality Manager
Quality System Specialist - County Westmeath.
In Process Quality Assurance Specialist