Apply for a job
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
On Behalf of my client based in Limerick, I am looking to recruit a Senior Estimator to join their Estimating team.
The successful candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative, but proactively within the estimating team to produce detailed and competitive tender submissions. The candidate must have prior experience in tendering projects ranging from €1m up to €100m.
The candidate is required to work within a highly motivated team, delivering both Design & Build and Traditional tenders covering a diverse range of projects. It will be the responsibility of the Senior Estimator to present the draft tender commercial appraisal for review and signoff by the company directors.
- Third level qualification in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or related field
- Proven experience in an estimating capacity with Irish market of +5 years
- Good knowledge of subcontractors, construction outputs, and of labour, plant and material prices
- Good understanding of data analysis methods
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage tender documentation and punctual with reports
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, and ideally with estimating software
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to review tender documentation (Drawings, Specifications, BOQ’s, Schedules, contracts etc) and manage tender bid from receipt of tender enquiry to submission of final tender bid
- Issue material and trade enquiries to supply chain and obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers
- Analyse, evaluate and perform risk analysis on supplier and subcontract packages and checking inclusions and exclusions
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects and advise of any concerns or value engineering details as appropriate
- Identify opportunities and deficits in the tender documents that provide commercial leverage
- Assist in compiling submissions of inclusions, exclusions, clarifications and program of works
- Liaising and reporting to senior management in relation to on-going project submissions
If this job sounds ideal to you can Apply please click the Apply Now link.
If you would like to enquire in complete confidence contact Catriona Duggan in Cpl Limerick on 087 2419644 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs at CPL
Solutions Architect HealthTech
Senior Automation SDET HealthTech
Senior Research & Development Engineer (Vascular)
Process Chemist - Co. Wexford