Apply for a job
Automation Technician - Co. Galway
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
Automation Technician - Co. Galway.
We are currently seeking an Automation Technician to join our client firm in Galway. This role is within the Medical Device Manufacturing sector.
We are seeking a candidate to join on a permanent basis. You will be reporting in to the Senior Automation Engineer.
We are seeking a person with strong electrical & mechanical skills. This is an essential requirement.
- You will be responsible for completing all electrical & mechanical assembly work. This will be conducted on in-house custom made machines for specific Medical Device purposes and you will also be expected to be able to upgrade and retrofit existing equipment.
- You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing of manufacturing equipment.
- Completion of electrical wiring of the electrical & control systems on the equipment in accordance with the design schematics.
- Complete the assembly of mechanical systems including pneumatics in accordance with design schematics.
- Complete electrical wiring of electrical/control systems on equipment in accordance with design schematics.
- Perform corrective & preventative maintenance, completing all the associated paperwork as required to ensure records are up to date.
- Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve equipment issues.
- Implement corrective measures to machine issues and propose preventative measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assist with the commissioning of new equipment / projects.
- Order and maintain appropriate stock of spare parts.
- Complete assigned continuous improvement projects and train others as required.
- Flexibility to travel to support new equipment.
- Ability to explain an issue and communicate the path forward toward resolution.
- Ability to work as part of a core team. Actively promote and participate in a cross-functional teamwork environment.
- Equipment adjustment and technical/process resource for production and/or process development staff.
- Fully comply with all elements of GMI environment Health & Safety Management System.
- Adhoc duties as required.
- Automation background with 2+years experience within Electrical and Mechanical Instrumentation is preferable.
- A Level 6 qualification (or equivalent trades) within Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, Controls & Automation, Electronics or Mechatronics.
- Experience within Electrical Panel wiring is desirable.
- Experience in Mechanical/High volume automation/Robotics is desirable.
- Experience within a Medical Device Manufacturing Environment is desirable.
Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Programmable controllers, Vision Systems and Workshop machining is also desirable.
Strong problem solving skills in a Mechanical sense is essential.
For all interested parties, please apply via the link or for additional queries please email email@example.com
Jobs at ICDS RECRUITMENT
Toolmaker - Co. Waterford
Finance Manager - Dublin
Staff Engineer - Customer R&D (South Dublin)
Automation Technician - Galway
Senior Research & Development Engineer (Vascular)