Apply for a job
CSA Design Manager
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
CSA DESIGN MANAGER, DUBLIN, IRELAND
Our client is an Irish based European Contractor.
Our client is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Their determination and focus enable them to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Our client employs over 3000 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1.7bn in 2022. Our client employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for ensuring Civil, Structural and Architectural technical compliance on all DCBS projects
- Applying lessons learned from previous project to new designs. Keeping CSA lessons learned register up to date.
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with client, Project Manager, Design team and consultants.
- Coaching junior engineers on projects
- Attending design team meetings, in person or through MSTF teams
- Liaison with the consultants responsible for the design on projects
- Design review/sign off of consultants design.
- Managing the following registers throughout the project design period;
- Procurement schedule
- Technical submittal register
- Drawing register
- RFI log
- Deviation tracker
- Lessons learned log
- Issues log
- Interface and scope gap tracker
- Design change control tracker
- Monitor all Engineering schedule and trackers throughout the course of each project
- Managing technical submittals & drawing approvals to ensure all is approved for procurement/installation
- Assist with technical workload on the projects you are involved with
- Assist the project teams with better buying – Review all orders and ensure best price is obtained
- Review programme on each project, check submittal approval and procurement is in line with programme requirements
- Planning, programming and reporting
- Collaborate on new design issues/changes and research projects with team.
- Manage CSA design document control and track design deliverables to ensure project milestones are met.
- Challenge the consultants and the company teams to value engineer
- Audit the file key at regular intervals as requested by Engineering manager
- Assist project teams to setup O&M manual index and trackers early in the project
- Produce report for the projects you are working on and issue with engineering manager every 2 weeks, short 1 page report
- Assist with tenders for new projects when required
- Reviewing documentation
- Assisting the estimating dept
- Attending site walks when requested
- Producing deliverables such as plant replacement schedules/lift and shift schedules
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related CSA discipline.
- Assist with value engineering log for the DC&BS group
- Assist with setting up design trackers across each project, all projects must follow the same processes
- All other tasks related to engineering role that is requested by the Engineering manager
- Assist in reviewing Project Responsibility matrices and Design RACI matrices to ensure alignment with project scope.
- Project prioritisation of design, assignment, and management to designers.
- Available to travel to European projects from time to time for project/client meetings.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Excellent computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and Organisational skills
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Excellent communication skills
Please apply online or contact Nithin at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Jobs at ICDS RECRUITMENT
Toolmaker - Co. Waterford
Finance Manager - Dublin
Staff Engineer - Customer R&D (South Dublin)
Senior Research & Development Engineer (Vascular)
Clerical Officer / Administrator - Limerick
Process Chemist - Co. Wexford