Apply for a job
Engineering Manager - County Mayo
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
Engineering Manager- County Mayo.
In this role, you will provide professional hands-on management of the Engineering function across the site, maximising factory machine reliability and uptime, ensuring that the company complies with all relevant statutory health and safety regulations, and that all maintenance work is completed effectively and in a timely manner, minimising costs whilst promoting best practice and managing projects to deliver solutions and improvements.
In this role you will:
• Participate as a key member of the company health & safety committee
• Assist in the completion of risk assessments on an ongoing basis
• Ensure that all engineering work on site is carried out safely and effectively
• Ensure that where applicable a relevant permit-to-work system is employed
• Ensure that all sub-contractors are adequately supervised and adhere to agreed safe systems of work
• Ensure that effective maintenance systems are in place.
• In conjunction with the Production Controller ensure that proper records of all engineering work and their associated costs are maintained, analysed and used in performance improvement initiatives
• Maintenance of all site services
• Ensuring that all routine testing is carried out and records maintained
• All engineering related project management
• Support existing and new accreditations to maintain or attain new standards
• Ensure that relevant departmental KPI’s are identified and reported in conjunction with the Manufacturing Manager and Operations Director
• Ensure that records are maintained that highlight departmental performance effectiveness.
• Participate in the continuous improvement programme (PEx)
• Produce data and present reports for the site as required
• Be responsible for tracking energy consumption trends and effectively managing company wide energy efficiency/conservation programme.
Interested applicants should have:
• Relevant qualifications in an electrical or mechanical engineering discipline, or similar
• Demonstrable experience of change implementation and best practice techniques
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar management/supervisory role.
• Experience in modern electronic control systems
• Project management skills & experience of Continuous Improvement
• Budget management & commercial awareness
• Experience in the use of modern management techniques e.g. TPM, OEE, RCA, principles of operation
• Good verbal and written presentation/communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Good working knowledge of health and safety
• Analytical thinking
• Results focused and a concern for standards
Jobs at ICDS RECRUITMENT
Senior Quality Engineer - County Westmeath
Senior Expert Specialist - Maintenance Planner
Senior Electronics Engineer
Maintenance Technician - County Westmeath