Apply for a job
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
Manufacturing Engineer - County Clare.
In this role you will be responsible for providing manufacturing engineering support to operations and product engineering.
Strong fundamentals in sheet metal manufacturing desirable for this role.
• Providing Manufacturing Engineering support to both customers and suppliers
• Providing support to the Production and team in terms of planning and designing new processes in a manner that can be easily implemented
• Manufacturing of prototypes and validation of product within specification with view to upscaling to full product runs
• Identifying and implementing improvements to equipment, processes and methods.
• Identifying and driving improvement initiative to reduce costs and improve on time delivery.
• Responsible for applying, maintaining and improving lean manufacturing procedures.
• Playing a role in developing processes and implementation of a new ERP system.
• Actively supporting the Engineering team to ensure task flexibility.
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Make recommendations concerning the development of new products or services that will enhance the product offering to customers
• Identify improvement opportunities and lead the implementation of process improvements to reduce cost, increase quality and repeatability, improve changeover.
• Document and maintain work instructions.
• Maintain costing, and routing information for parts and assemblies.
• Improve tooling to reduce expenses.
• Work with outside suppliers to enhance, improve and solve problems.
• Evaluate process for most cost effective manufacturing process.
• Design tools and fixtures to improve the workpiece holding capability for assembly and machining processes.
• Develop tooling for sheet metal part production.
• Participate in projects to meet department goals and objectives.
• Provide guidance among co-ops
Interested applicants should have:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred and at least 2-5 years' experience in an engineering role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with 3D solid modelling skills, SolidWorks CATIA preferred.
• Ideally experience using Radan CAD/CAM software
• Ability to read Bill of Materials
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to multitask and problem solve
• Experience with an ERP system, creating BOM’s and Routings
• Ability to analyse and interpret data
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Strong analytical and communication skills (written & verbal)
• Ability to read engineering documents
• Awareness of Lean principles and concepts
Jobs at ICDS RECRUITMENT
Senior Quality Engineer - County Westmeath
Senior Expert Specialist - Maintenance Planner
Senior Electronics Engineer