Mechanical Project Engineer - County Limerick
Mechanical Project Engineer - County Limerick.
This role mainly involves projects work in a heavy industry environment. The successful candidate will also require an understanding of civil and electrical engineering aspects of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage all phases of projects – safety, concept development, design, budgeting, tendering, procurement, installation, contract management and commissioning while complying with all Safety Regulations.
Projects are predominantly heavy mechanical engineering projects such as:
-New equipment installations
- Construction and modifications of industrial buildings
- Equipment modification and installation
- Civil upgrades and refurbishments
Safety Management from design stage through to construction and commissioning
Develop project concepts and present to site management for discussion and evaluation
Work with equipment suppliers on detailed equipment layout design, considering current and future requirements
Coordinate civil and structural steel design
Coordinate design aspects with the electrical engineering team
Management of multiple stakeholders – safety consultants, designers, equipment suppliers, specialists throughout all phases of the project
Develop project budgets and maintain project costs in line with budget
Prepare, issue, and evaluate tender packs for the various work packages
Ensure project timelines are adhered to
Qualifications and Experience requirements:
The successful candidate should bring a positive attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of projects as required and see them through to completion.
You should have:
• Appropriate degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
• A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in managing Teams /Projects in heavy industry.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD
• Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills.
• Ideally experience of working on projects under PSDP / PSCS conditions
• Experience operating in a heavy industry environment an advantage.
Jobs at ICDS RECRUITMENT
Design Quality Engineer - South Dublin
Data Engineer AI HealthTech