Apply for a job
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
Plant Manager | Shankill, Co. Dublin
Our client are searching for a Plant Manager to oversee the operation and maintenance of a Waste Water Works project in Shankill, Co. Dublin. They are looking for a highly motivated and flexible person with 5-10 years’ experience in water/wastewater treatment and Project Management.
Your job as plant manager will consist in managing the entire operations of the treatment works: Management of a team of 18 personnel, comprising operations and maintenance staff, administrative and laboratory personnel.
- Propose to the Management Committee any recruitment of staff according to the needs of the plant.
- Ensure the plant is operated in accordance with existing policies, carry out decisions made by the Management Committee, and make all day-to-day decisions necessary for the efficient performance of the Subcontract.
- Observe and be responsible for ensuring that others comply with the provisions of the Subcontract and all other applicable standards and regulations, and be responsible to the Management Committee for ensuring that the work is performed in accordance with the best industry standards.
- Represent the Operation and Maintenance Joint Venture in dealings with the Client and other third parties.
- Maintain an effective health, safety and environmental management system in accordance with all appropriate legislation and with the objective of achieving an accident-free incident-free workplace.
- Ongoing budgetary control of plant’s operating costs as well as implementation of cost saving initiatives and measures.
- Management of the process team and performance of the plant.
- Management of the Health and Safety system of the plant.
- Management of Odour Control System and odour monitoring instruments.
We are looking for a person with the following characteristics:
- An organised, analytical, and problem-solving person who can analyse problems and come up with effective solutions.
- Management and communication skills that will get the best from all members of the organisation.
- Availability to respond to potential plant breakdowns outside normal working hours, and to assist in remote troubleshooting where appropriate.
The candidate should have the following background:
- Third level degree in mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering or equivalent scientific background.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a management position as a Plant manager or as a Process engineer in water/waste-water treatment or in a related industry.
- Previous experience in maintenance management of mechanical and electrical equipment from heavy industry. (Preferably with pumps, gas generators, aerators, aeration equipment and blowers)
- Experience and understanding of SCADA and PLCs.
- Experience in staff management and human resources.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent scientific qualification.
- 5-10 years of experience in water or wastewater treatment plants, or in a related industry, as process engineer or plant manager.
- Full clean driving licence
- Fluent English
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary: Competitive
- Laptop and work phone provided
- Car allowance
- Opportunity to join company pension scheme
Jobs at ICDS RECRUITMENT
Group Digital Transformation Cx Operations Lead
Document Controller - North Wicklow
Toolmaker - Co. Waterford