Apply for a job
Warehouse & Inventory Control Supervisor - Cavan
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
Warehouse & Inventory Control Supervisor - County Cavan.
Achieving high levels of satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, kitting and assuring quality and quantity of raw materials. Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees performance. Direct the stores daily activities via Stores Foreman
- Executes daily inventory analysis; identifies and resolves discrepancies and problems.
- Oversees stock item master, identifying incorrect descriptions and stock numbers.
- Locates items that may have incorrect locations or stock numbers to assist order processors.
- Communicates with Purchasing Department as needed regarding new items, changes of location, counts, etc.
- Ensures milestones and goals are met.
- Performs and assists with general maintenance and clean-up of warehouse.
- Ensure accurate receipt of goods and alignment with purchase order
- Ensure accurate and optimum storage locations
- Devise best practice for accurate and on time delivery to production locations.
- Definition of most advantageous delivery option to each location and stock management method.
- Inventory management through optimum issue and kitting and timely receipt and measurement of returns.
- Organise and maintain inventory storage areas. Measure and report inventory transaction accuracy
- Stock accuracy through inventory and cycle counting. Control stock levels and maintain ERP accuracy.
- Work closely with suppliers of semi-finished goods.
- Identify and highlight slow moving goods.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status.
- Identify areas of improvement and set project for improving work procedures and practices.
- Ensure shipment and inventory transaction accuracy
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees' performance
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees. Create and develop a team ethic
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
- Drive company strategy deployments and initiatives such as change and continuous improvements
- Maintain awareness of key trends such as AI, WMS interface, inventory control systems and automation.
Interested applicants should:
- Be educated to diploma level (or equivalent training and experience) in Warehouse Management, Logistics, Engineering or Manufacturing Management.
- Have at least 3 years' experience working in a Stores Management role within a busy manufacturing plant.
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of warehouse management techniques and setting and maintaining KPI’s that exceed expectations.
- Track record of leading and setting goals for performance and operational improvement.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong awareness of how warehouse activities impact other areas of the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to analyse processes, enact change, and think operationally and strategically to achieve business goals.
- Ability to communicate, motivate, train and inspire others.
- Experience in managing ERP and warehouse management tools
- Have customer satisfaction at the core of all activities
Proven work experience as a Warehouse Supervisor
Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency
Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data
Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
Strong organisational and time management skills
Jobs at ICDS RECRUITMENT
Senior Test & Quality Engineer
Electrical Technician - South Dublin
Warehouse & Inventory Control Supervisor -Co Cavan
Logistics and Warehouse Shift Manager (Eve / Night)