Apply for a job
Innovation Programme Manager
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
Innovation Programme Manager
Innovation Programme Manager
TEAM: Innovation & Entrepreneurship
GRADE: £43,237 - £45,770 per annum (Manager A scale)
REPORTS TO: Innovation & Entrepreneurship Director
We are a unique all island economic development agency and our mission at InterTradeIreland is to provide leadership, advice and support to businesses across the whole island and help them maximise export growth opportunities through greater cross-border collaboration, innovation, entrepreneurship, and trade. With over 20 years’ experience supporting thousands of SMEs, we have a deep and practical understanding of how to help businesses address challenges and take advantage of new growth opportunities.
Our Innovation and Entrepreneurship team plays a key role in delivering on this mission through delivery of a collaborative innovation pathway that supports SMEs to explore, plan and implement innovation to develop new products, services and processes. Key to this is the consideration of industry 4.0, digitalisation and sustainability. In addition, our team works closely with entrepreneurs to foster all island entrepreneurship and investor readiness and actively supports the collaboration between clusters and networks across the island.
We are now looking for an Innovation Programme Manager to join this high performing team. The successful candidate will be a champion for technology and innovation, with responsibility for the management and development of collaborative innovation programmes and activities that will facilitate partnerships and promote innovation across the island. They will keep up to date with emerging trends and technologies to inform current and future programme development. They will be required to build relationships and develop commitment with a wide range of stakeholders, internal and external, working to help shape development of current and future collaborative innovation supports at InterTradeIreland.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- We have big ambitions and we want you to help shape our future. Join our team and play a key role in the growth of economic development on the island of Ireland.
- You will lead the development of collaborative innovation programmes aligned to government policy priorities North and South.
- Collaborate and partner with high profile economic development stakeholders and businesses throughout the island.
- Enjoy flexible working arrangements, including flexi-time and a blend of office and remote working, 30 days annual leave, the security of a permanent role, as well as an attractive pension package.
- Be part of a team that values flexibility, honesty and integrity and one which supports your professional growth, personal learning and development.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and technologies and government policies in both jurisdictions, North and South, within the area of innovation and technology with a view that this will inform current and future programme development within InterTradeIreland.
- Drive development of new collaborative innovation programmes and supports in response to identified issues and opportunities affecting SMEs in both jurisdictions especially within the priority areas defined in InterTradeIreland’s Corporate and Business Plans.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the rollout of key operational innovation and entrepreneurship programmes delivered by InterTradeIreland.
- Line management responsibility for a programme team including day-to-day people management, monitoring and quality assuring work, measuring operational performance, staff induction and development.
- Source, appoint and manage, when applicable, external contractors to deliver key programmes against targets, to ensure they meet all required KPIs.
- Develop, monitor and control programme budgets in line with InterTradeIreland financial procedures and corporate governance requirements.
- Develop and build networks with external stakeholders and market and promote all of InterTradeIreland’s Programmes and Business Services across the island to stakeholders (Public, Private & academia) and SMEs.
- Prepare reports for submission to the Board of InterTradeIreland, Senior Leadership Team, Partner government departments and the North South Ministerial Council.
- Liaise with senior staff and executives in Government bodies, Development Agencies, SME’s, Academia and other bodies engaged in innovation activities.
- Ensure compliance with InterTradeIreland’s employment and equality policies and procedures at all times, and to undertake the duties of this position in an inclusive, fair, safe and respectful manner.
- Deputise for Director and colleagues as required.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by a line manager.
The above is given as a broad range of duties and is not intended to be a complete description of all tasks.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- A third level qualification or equivalent professional qualification.
- A postgraduate qualification in a discipline related to the duties of the post e.g., business, economics, science & technology, or innovation.
Evidence of the following criteria will be assessed via the application form and/or interview process.
- A minimum of 3 years’ management experience in business support, or in business development, or in the development and application of innovation or technology.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and delivering complex work projects with demonstrable skill in setting performance milestones, targets and budgets.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of proactively managing and effectively leading a team of direct reports, able to plan and organise their work to achieve results within tight deadlines, focusing on priorities and objectives with a clear sense of direction.
- Financial management experience including budget building, forecasting and monitoring of complex annual budgets of scale
- The ability to build, influence, negotiate and maintain effective relationships with a range of both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to engage and enthuse the target audience.
- Developing and delivering new programmes or initiatives for SMEs which is based on a sound understanding/knowledge of the importance of innovation to support their growth.
- Experience of successfully applying continuous improvement based on an understanding of emerging trends and technologies, to progress new initiatives or improve existing programme design/delivery supports internally, or improve external supports to SMEs.
- Experience of speaking engagements and participation in business meetings and events with SMEs and public & private sector stakeholders.
Below is a full list of the key competences for a Manager grade which will be assessed via the application form and/or interview process.
- Strategic Awareness and Vision
- High Performance and Delivery of Results
- Leadership and People Management
- Internal and External Relationships and Communication
- Commercial Awareness
Other Executive Jobs
Director of Leisure & Development
Causeway Coast & Glens is recruiting for the following specialised post.
CEO- Specialisterne Ireland
Specialisterne Ireland is now seeking an experienced, ambitious CEO to manage and develop the organisation in line with its new strategy for 2024-26 while ensuring good governance and adherence to Specialisterne’s stated core values.
Associate Director Procurement
An Associate Director of Procurement is needed by CareerWise Recruitment for our life sciences manufacturing client located in North Dublin. The AD Procurement is responsible for developing and executing strategic projects and supporting the biologics manufacturing site's operating objectives, ensuring that procedures and process are securely established to support growth plans.