Senior Trade Specialist
GRADE: £52,256 - £56,508 per annum (2-year fixed term)
REPORTS TO: Director of Trade
We are a unique all island economic development agency and our mission at InterTradeIreland is to provide leadership, advice and support to businesses across the whole island and help them maximise export growth opportunities through greater cross-border collaboration, innovation, entrepreneurship, and trade. With over 20 years’ experience supporting thousands of SMEs, we have a deep and practical understanding of how to help businesses address challenges and take advantage of new growth opportunities.
We are now looking for a Senior Trade Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Trade and will have a strategically key role in InterTradeIreland, engaging directly with Government representatives, industry and trade/business bodies across the island on all aspects of trade. You will be the body’s representative on a range of senior influential working groups, helping to create the right conditions for business and economic growth across Northern Ireland and Ireland. You will work directly with all business sectors, helping them to maximise trade opportunities and to mitigate any potential issues. You will share your industry trade insights with lead policy advisors, including political advisors. By raising the profile of InterTradeIreland across a range of forums and events you will disseminate key information to businesses including the key messages and advice informed by the Irish Government and the Northern Ireland Executive.
What's in it for you?
- We have big ambitions, and we want you to help shape our future. Join our team and support the growth of economic development on the island of Ireland.
- Enjoy flexible working arrangements, including flexitime and a blend of office and remote working, 30 days annual leave, as well as an attractive pension package.
- Be part of a team that values flexibility, honesty and integrity and one which supports your professional growth, personal learning and development.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
Applicant must hold a third level qualification or equivalent.
Evidence of the following criteria will be assessed via the application form and/or interview process.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of industry trade compliance matters with the ability to advise businesses accordingly.
- Experience of working with strategically focused, multi-disciplined stakeholders and able to demonstrate influencing skills on such groups at a management level.
- Experience of managing business programmes and projects to meet key performance indicators.
- Ability to work as part of a management team focused on excellent customer service and continuous improvement.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- A working knowledge of the Windsor Framework and / or the UK Border Target Operating Model and / or the EU – UK Trade and Co-Operation Agreement.
- An understanding of commercial and trade markets within the private sector.
Below is a full list of the key competences for this role which will be assessed via the application form and/or interview process.
- Strategic Awareness and Vision
- High Performance and Delivery of Results
- Leadership and People Management
- Internal and External Relationships and Communication
- Commercial Awareness
If you have any queries about the recruitment process please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Executive Jobs
Waterford Treasures invites applications for the role of Curator Manager
Associate Director Quality Assurance
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Supplies Qualified Person supporting the Ballydine Global Development Quality Team that supports expanding Clinical Trials programs in Europe. We are looking to recruit a Qualified Person (QP) to be named on the site licence supporting the release of clinical trials supplies. This is a permanent role reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance.
Director Safety & the Environment - Carlow
We are seeking a talented, self-directed Environment, Health and Safety Director (EHS) with recent manufacturing experience and strong management and leadership skills. As part of our Global Safety and the Environment (GSE) team, you will be responsible for overseeing EHS systems and programs at our Carlow, Ireland facility. You will lead a team of EHS professionals and serve as a member of the Site Leadership Team, collaborating, contributing and driving site initiatives.