Apply for a job
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
Laois Sawmills are currently seeking to employ a Maintenance Fitter to join their team. The ideal candidate will be motivated and reliable. An analytical individual who can work under pressure and within a team environment. The position requires flexibility and availability as demanded by the needs of the business. To be successful in this role you will need to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a similar role.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhering to the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintaining and Servicing plant, machinery and equipment on site.
- Work with production team to ensure production quality and aid in the development of continuous improvement and modifications to existing systems.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance checks and preventative maintenance work.
- Supporting the installation of new projects and equipment.
- Responding to unplanned maintenance issue’s and equipment breakdowns.
- Maintaining appropriate records in relation to plant and equipment.
- Fault diagnosis of equipment and continuous improvement of plant and equipment
- Capable of working as part of a team or on own initiative.
- Liaising with Management, Process Personnel and outside contractors.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Formal Qualification for qualified mechanical maintenance fitter / technician should possess a FAS / City & Guilds or equivalent mechanical time – served Apprenticeship.
- Relevant / Practical / hands on experience in the areas outlined. Ideally in a manufacturing / Production environment.
- A working knowledge of Hydraulic systems & Pneumatic systems.
- Ability to perform repairs and maintenance on both a reactive & planned basis.
- Good welding & Machine shop skills.
To apply for the position, send your Cv to Shannon@laoissawmills.ie