Senior Full-stack Software Engineer
Job posted by https://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/job/19794692/senior-full-stack-software-engineer-dublin-ie/
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernising the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the Role:
As a Fortune 5 business, we’re one of the world’s leading healthcare companies. There are no limits here on the resources you’ll have or the challenges you’ll encounter.
We have been supporting global healthcare systems from Ireland and the UK for more than 20 years, building a dynamic and diverse team of more than 2,100 talented individuals. With a continued record of growth and stability, we’re on the constant lookout for fresh talent to join our expanding teams.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a positive impact every day, using the latest advances in technology and innovation, this is truly the opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Join our dynamic Analytics Infrastructure and Engineering Team at Optum and make a significant impact supporting our analytic organizations. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you’ll lead in the development of platforms and tools that enable AI and ML engineers to build complex models. Your role will extend beyond traditional Software development to include operational maturity, compliance management, and vulnerability oversight. You will implement cutting-edge automation and technologies, enhance user experiences, and empower teams through innovative solutions. This role demands a strong focus on security, API integration, and the ability to excel both in collaborative team settings and as an individual contributor.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
- Design and Develop: Architect, design, and develop software applications and components with a focus on security and efficient API integration.
- Security and Compliance: Ensure all solutions adhere to the highest security standards, including secure coding practices, encryption, data protection, and compliance with relevant health care industry regulations.
- API Development and Integration: Create and integrate RESTful and GraphQL APIs to facilitate seamless communication between frontend, backend, and third-party services.
- Quality Assurance: Conduct peer design/code reviews, develop automated test cases, and ensure adherence to industry best practices for scalability, maintainability, usability, availability, extensibility, security, and portability.
- Collaboration: Work closely with product management, AI/ML engineers, and other stakeholders to develop and refine solutions that meet business needs.
- Innovation: Leverage the latest technologies to solve complex problems in the healthcare industry, with a particular focus on enhancing security and API capabilities.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous integration/validation and advocate for the adoption of DevOps best practices, including automation tools and methodologies to streamline development processes.
You will be rewarded and recognised for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Proven experience in the Software Development Life Cycle, with a strong background in Full Stack Development.
- Technical Expertise:
- Proficiency in SQL, GraphQL, Angular, React, Java, jQuery, TypeScript, and Node.js.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and integrating secure RESTful and GraphQL APIs.
- Strong understanding of secure coding practices and experience in implementing security features such as authentication, authorization, encryption, and data protection.
- Source Control: Experience with Git or similar version control tools, with an emphasis on collaborative development and code management.
- Best Practices: A solid grasp of Object-Oriented Programming concepts, clean code principles, and a commitment to security best practices.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to tackle complex challenges in the healthcare domain, with a focus on innovative and secure solutions.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) and cloud services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks and standards relevant to the healthcare industry, such as HIPAA.
- A portfolio of projects demonstrating expertise in developing secure applications and API integrations.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalised groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, race, and membership of the Traveller community, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2023 Optum Services (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
Other Executive Jobs
Waterford Treasures invites applications for the role of Curator Manager
Associate Director Quality Assurance
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Supplies Qualified Person supporting the Ballydine Global Development Quality Team that supports expanding Clinical Trials programs in Europe. We are looking to recruit a Qualified Person (QP) to be named on the site licence supporting the release of clinical trials supplies. This is a permanent role reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance.
Director Safety & the Environment - Carlow
We are seeking a talented, self-directed Environment, Health and Safety Director (EHS) with recent manufacturing experience and strong management and leadership skills. As part of our Global Safety and the Environment (GSE) team, you will be responsible for overseeing EHS systems and programs at our Carlow, Ireland facility. You will lead a team of EHS professionals and serve as a member of the Site Leadership Team, collaborating, contributing and driving site initiatives.