Senior Manager - Business Intelligence
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the Role
As a Senior Manager of Business Intelligence at Optum, you’ll be responsible for working with business partners to develop industry-leading data visualizations and dashboards as part of the build out of our new Payment Integrity Command Centre. This new capability will be the central data and analytics hub that will monitor the millions of pre-payment and post-payment, clinical and non-clinical medical claim reviews that are performed on a daily basis. The command centre capability will include: the build out of new cloud-based central data repository, new user interfaces to manage service-level agreements for various metrics and vendor-partners, development of new business intelligence and advanced analytics to monitor and predict performance; development of an automated alerting system that will actively scan for anomalies — all with the aim of providing insights to more effectively manage our Payment Integrity operations across the globe.
- Work collaboratively with business partners, SMEs, and developers to ensure a shared understanding of business requirements
- Partner with cross-functional teams, refine requirements, and use it to shape product development efforts
- Development of dashboards and data visualizations that met or exceed stakeholder requirements
- Perform QA and testing of all dashboards and work with business owners to validate User Acceptance testing of work products
- Take ownership of all work assigned and manage tasks via Agile Scrum tools (Rally)
- Management of BI developers on the team, with hands-on support and development of data engineering and visualization efforts with team members
- Develop team members to constantly advance in soft-skill and technical areas
- Solid SQL experience
- Solid experience with data visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts and technologies such as ETL, data modelling, and OLAP
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to understand and interpret complex data sets.
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams and effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills with ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Experienced people manager of team of BI developers
- Solid project management skills and experience in leading BI projects
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating good level of maturity
- Experience with Azure Cloud and Snowflake
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks for BI
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Healthcare / Pharmacy experience
- Knowledge of Payment Integrity operations
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, race, and membership of the Traveller community, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2023 Optum Services (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
Other Executive Jobs
Associate Director Quality Assurance
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Supplies Qualified Person supporting the Ballydine Global Development Quality Team that supports expanding Clinical Trials programs in Europe. We are looking to recruit a Qualified Person (QP) to be named on the site licence supporting the release of clinical trials supplies. This is a permanent role reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance.
Director Safety & the Environment - Carlow
We are seeking a talented, self-directed Environment, Health and Safety Director (EHS) with recent manufacturing experience and strong management and leadership skills. As part of our Global Safety and the Environment (GSE) team, you will be responsible for overseeing EHS systems and programs at our Carlow, Ireland facility. You will lead a team of EHS professionals and serve as a member of the Site Leadership Team, collaborating, contributing and driving site initiatives.
Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland wishes to recruit a Chief Executive