Apply for a job
Head Chef 4* Hotel Sligo
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
We are recruiting an experienced Head Chef for a 4* Hotel in Sligo. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for food, developing new dishes and have experience in leading a small motivated Culinary team. This role requires someone who is creative and vibrant with the ability to shape the F&B offering and helping make the hotel a culinary destination for locals and hotel guests.
Summary of Key activities
· Be responsible for the everyday management of the Kitchen team
· Design menus that enhance customers’ culinary experience whilst maintaining a high standard of quality and consistency
· Comply with dietary requirements, have tasty, nutritious, and visually appealing menu items available for dietary needs and abide by all sanitation regulations
· Strong financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting including robust plans for waste management
· To ensure HACCP procedures are followed accordingly to the company’s Food Safety Management document thus ensuring quality control measures and hygiene systems are always achieved.
· Monitor standards, cost control, stock rotation and general efficiency of the kitchen
· Oversee ordering of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
· Hiring, training, mentoring and managing kitchen staff
· Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
· Practice strong financial management including menu costings, food margin control and labour cost control
· Achieving operational objectives through requisitioning or purchasing supplies and equipment
Skills and experience
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a 4* Hotel as Executive Sous Chef or Head Chef
· Excellent kitchen management skills with a hands on presence in the kitchen
· Establishes food presentation techniques and quality standards
· Excellent communication, training, development & coaching skills
· Previous experience as Head Chef in the Irish market is a plus
· Able to produce high quality food whilst being financially astute & achieving agreed margins.
· Ability to recruit, train and retain a solid team around you who will commit fully to your vision.
· Candidates require current legal status to live and work Ireland
For further details please contact Richard Lynch at 086-8333677...CV to email@example.com in MS Word Format with Reference details and supporting documentation included
Jobs at Richard Lynch Consulting.
Health Safety & Risk Manager
Senior Full Stack Developer Remote