Our client is a global technology company and they're looking for a hands - on workshop technician to join their team. You will be responsible for installation of equipment, building and testing on samples to aid our client in development of superconducting electrical transmission technology. This role will likely involve significant travel of around 1 week per month to the UK.
- Installation of equipment
- Routine checks and maintenance on test equipment
- Preparation of samples
- Conducting/monitoring of testing, recording results and communicating them to the team
- Maintain workshop, assembly, and experimental facilities.
- Work with liquid nitrogen flows, pressurised systems, energised electrical equipment, hand operated power tools, and basic machine shop equipment.
- Aid in developing and updating test procedures.
- Work with the Health and Safety team to ensure the safe operation of the lab.
- Certification or Qualification in Engineering, Science, or a relevant field
- 2+ years of related professional experience (preferably in a product development or testing environment).
- Experience working with and handling cryogenic fluids/systems and/or other hazardous fluids.
- Ability to use research data acquisition systems (such as NI Max, LABView) and instruments (such as oscilloscopes/digitizers, temperature sensors, pressure sensors, accelerometers, strain gauges).
Jobs at Sanderson Recruitment
Procurement Specialist - with Logistics Expertise
Food Safety and Quality Manager