Apply for a job
Procurement Specialist - public sector
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
Procurement Specialist- public sector
In this role you will be a key member of a public sector procurement team.
You will ideally have: -
- A min level 6 qualification in Public Procurement with a min of 3 years' exp. in Public Procurement.
- Exp. in tendering in the utilities sector, under EU directive, 2014/25/EU desirable.
- Responsible for RFXs & contract mgt. of goods & services for company.
- Exp. in tendering procedures, such as Frameworks, Qualification systems, Dynamic Purchasing Systems, Competitive Dialogue & the Negotiated procedure.
- Procurement/sourcing, negotiation; strategic selection of goods & services needed
- Ensure best practice procurement
- Run tender process in line with EU Directives
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve value for money through tendering
- Ensure timely & efficient awarding of contracts
- Run RFQs & liaise with relevant stakeholders
- Responsibility for review & mgt. of contracts
Develop contract mgt. plan for contracts
- Manage & maintain relationships with suppliers & end users
- Ensure terms & conditions of contracts adhered throughout contract
- Track actual spends & highlight variance in budget & actual spend
- Develop relevant KPIs for analysis of costs & supplier performance
- Periodic review costs accurate for period
- Consider automation of processes, where possible
Skills & Knowledge required for this role:
- Qualification in Public Procurement, minimum requirement is level 6
- Minimum of 3/4 years' exp. in Public Procurement
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Desired knowledge & hands-on usage of SAP
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Good communication & time mgt. skills
- Commercial & business awareness
A competitive salary is available and the chance to work with a great team
Parking, gym; canteen and good choice of social activities to join