Apply for a job
Choose a CV
Share your professional experience by selecting your current CV. Please upload a file in either a MS Word or PDF format - maximum size 2MB.
Your application was submitted
Your job application was submitted successfully, the employer will be in touch with you with the next steps
The Role & Purpose
This engineering & manufacturing company spends over €85M per annum on materials - commodities, specialist & routine items per year.
In this key role you will be :
- Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager:
- Overseeing best value for each category of spend, looking at risks and managing them.
- Managing strategic supplier relationships, contracts, supplier performance reviews & improvement of the supply base & innovative materials.
- Measuring the achievement of KPI's include pricing against indexes, savings, security of supply.
- Creating & implementing ESG supply chain governance structures & practices.
- Risk managing the supply chain with regards volatility, geopolitical disruptions, raw material costs & logistics challenges & potential cartels.
- Ensuring the company achieves best price/value at all supply chain negotiations commercially & contractually.
- Ensuring a competitive global supply chain which provides for sustainable reductions of total cost & integrates seamless into the purchasing & production (assembly) processes.
- Ongoing supply chain analysis to identify new suppliers, market trends & data analysis to support strategic buying decisions & identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analysing market research data to help develop strategies for product development.
- Developing a strong supply chain network keeping informed of trends & developments.
- Negotiating deals & select high-performing suppliers that meet cost, quality, delivery, management & technology objectives.
- Degree qualified in Business/Supply Chain field preferably with a global focus
- Or Be technically qualified with strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent communication, influencing & negotiation skills with focus on drawing value for the company.
- 5+ years' experience working as a buyer in a technical, regulated or complex industry is required.
- Commercial curiosity & acumen
- Global outlook & exposure to different challenges, cultures & ways of working.
- ERP proficient with SAP experience desired.
- Good planning / project management skills.
- Ability to travel & potentially at short notice.
- An ability to drive a car would be very important
Rewards are competitive and comprehensive
Jobs at Sanderson Recruitment
Operations Finance Manager
Procurement Manager - Construction/Fit out