Financial Accountant – 2 Year contract – Co. Wexford
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including P&L and Balance Sheet in line with accounting policy, variance analysis, KPI reporting and monthly balance sheet reconciliations within the required preparation deadlines. Preparation of a management board pack and supporting analysis. Working with all budget owners to develop their understanding of the results
- Beginning to end responsibility for the preparation of annual financial statements including active involvement in both audit preparation and delivery, and ensuring all reporting deadlines are met as scheduled. Preparation of an annual audit file.
- Preparation of the annual budget, working heavily with each manager to develop a robust budget that is targeted, achievable and owned by each budget owner.
- Preparation and filing of VAT, CT and other tax and statistical returns both in Ireland and the UK
- Reviewing of the weekly cashflow and working capital management for the group.
- Actively contributing to ongoing lean improvements projects within the finance team.
- Developing a robust cost model to aid with the tendering process to ensure we are always in the best position to win new and develop existing business.
- Responsibility for driving cost reduction and control. Achieving this through negotiations on new and existing contracts and engaging with managers to ensure we are always in the position to get the best value.
- Liaising with a range of banks on day to day queries and periodic filing of management reports. Liaising with the auditors and assisting with the annual audits.
- Qualified Accountant (any stream).
- Background in practice advantageous.
- Strong statutory accounting experience.
- 2 years + PQE experience beneficial.
- It is crucial that you are driven by data and will have intermediate to advanced Excel skills coupled with the ability to model data to produce insightful reports.
- Sage 200 experience a distinct advantage.
- Involvement in implementing new systems / software.