NPI Technician - County Galway.
In this role you will support Process PTMs (Project Team Members) & Manufacturing Engineers with the set-up of NPIs (New Product Introductions) on SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Lines & Backend Cells.
• Update and completion of the relevant NPI Process Documentation
• Set-up & Programming of SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Manufacturing Equipment inclusive of Underfill & Coating Systems.
• Ensuring minimum downtime on SMT manufacturing lines due to NPI setup & transfer back to Operations.
• Ensuring all relevant equipment is included on the maintenance system.
• Participate in the continuous improvement of the maintenance systems.
• Set-up manufacturing processes in accordance with procedures and training provided by equipment suppliers.
• Provide process training to both operators and other technicians.
• Play an active part in both New Product & Process introduction.
• Update and completion of the relevant process documentation
• Communication of production problems to the relevant audience – both verbal and written.
• Continuous process improvement.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Cert/Diploma in Electronic Engineering (or equivalent).
• Minimum 5 years' experience in SMT manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of programming DEK Printers, Cyber Optics SPI Systems, Sanyo, Universal or Panasonic Placement, Cyber Optics AOI, Viscom AOI/AXI, Conformal Coating & Underfill Systems an advantage
• Good communication & problem solving skills and the ability to work as part of a team