- Job reference number:15185388
- Client ID:RI/recep
- Posted on:11-JAN-2017
- Job type:PERMANENT
Benefits: CAR PARKING, GYM / GYM MEMBERSHIP, LUNCH VOUCHERS, SPORTS & SOCIAL CLUB
The role of Receptionist/Reservations involves the day to day operations of all front office procedures along side the Front Office Manager i.e. guest check- ins and check-outs, balancing and handling of cash, and dealing with guest queries.
ROLE OF DEPARTMENT
• To provide the highest level of Customer Service to the Guests at all times.
• To maximise all opportunities and actual bookings by way of excellent people skills, product knowledge and closing sales ability.
• To offer and deliver a first class service delivery to all guests at all times.
• To ensure opening systems, policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
• To ensure an excellent standard of customer care and professionalism are achieved at all times.
• To be responsible for the day to day queries that arise at Reception / Reservations
• To develop a good local knowledge, in order to answer any guest queries
• To ensure a good communication with all Departments
• To ensure a positive attitude towards colleagues and work as a team
• To carry out all reception/reservations duties as per the agreed standards
• To maximise bookings and sales in all areas and to achieve monthly targets.
• To ensure Corporate standards are achieved at all times (Printed matter, posturing etc.)
• To work with the Front Office & Reservations teams to ensure confidence, knowledge and expertise required maximising sales and reaching set targets.
• To ensure cash and bills are handled in a secure and responsible manner
• To operate equipment with care ensuring adherence to Health and Safety Standards
• To carry out the Hotels Customer Relations policy, and to communicate Hotel service to Guests
• To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming and to wear the appropriate uniform and name badge at all times
• To arrive for duty on time and to notify in advance if one is to be late or sick
• To be aware of any VIP’s or important visitors to the Hotel and to inform management
• To deal with all complaints in a courteous and efficient manner and to refer them to the Senior Manager on duty
• To deal with Lost Property as per house policy
• To ensure that reasonable care is taken for Health and Safety of yourself other employees and guests
• To attend all obligatory training organised by Management
• Other duties may be assigned by management
MOST CHALLENGING ASPECTS OF POST
• To ensure that day to day operation in the Front Office & Reservations Departments run smoothly whilst providing the highest level of customer service
• Any other duties as directed by the Management
• This job description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified occasionally to meet the changing needs of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO DO THE JOB
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Excellent level of spoken & written English
• Proven experience of working as part of a team
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Basic IT skills
Ability to work without direct supervision
• Capacity for flexibility, change and innovation•
Previous Experience in a Hotel Reception is Essential.