Product Engineer (Dublin).
Job Summary: In this role you will work closely with the customer and internal stakeholders, provide product related governance and technical support for the assigned product(s) from development phase through to sustainment within production.
Requirements for this role:
• Reporting to the Product Development Manager, this role will work closely with the customer and internal stakeholders to provide product related governance and technical support for the assigned product(s).
• The individual will be expected to be the local subject matter expert on all product related matters and will be required to provide guidance and decisions regarding same.
• The position requires a highly motivated and experienced individual with in-depth knowledge of product and tool design, coupled with an expert knowledge of the injection moulding process.
• The individual must have extensive practical experience in the following:
o 3D Computer Aided Design with software packages such as SolidWorks, Pro-E, etc.
• Working knowledge and understanding of X-Ray Computed Tomography (CT scanning) and 3D surface analysis using this technology
• In-depth knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of experiments (DOE)
• Knowledge of computer aided mathematical simulation packages such as MoldFlow and Ansys will be considered an advantage
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
• Preferably having work experience within the Medical, Pharmaceutical or Packaging Industries aligned within a regulated manufacturing environment.
• Ability to maintain excellent working relationship with all internal and external customers.
• Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
• Ability to interact with suppliers, customers and external toolmakers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide product related governance and technical support for the assigned product(s).
• Review and approval of product drawings, change requests, etc. impacting the product.
• Ensure suppliers meet customer and company's needs.
• Understand and ensure a good knowledge for all aspects of the device assigned.
• Product description, individual components, assembly method, lot release testing, functionality of device, expectations & limitations of current and future revisions of the device.
• During the immature phase of a programme, prior to full scale production, support the design, tooling, automation, quality and production engineers during any product re-design and or non-conformities and help provide experience and support when required.
• Liaise with the customer/equipment suppliers and participate in any future design changes that may impact either the product or the manufacturing process.