Due to continued growth, our client is currently recruiting for the position of Tax Specialist within their organisation.
Reporting to the Shared Services Financial Controller, the Tax Specialist has responsibility for the management of the tax affairs of the organisation including tax compliance, tax planning, tax advice and tax reporting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and overall responsibility of VAT, RCT, PSWT and PAYE returns.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of corporation tax returns and payments.
- Preparation of the corporation tax and deferred tax provisions and related disclosure notes for the corporate plan, budget, forecasts and month end reporting within the relevant deadlines.
- Manage the process of preparing a periodic fixed asset review for capital allowance purposes in conjunction with Group Tax
- Responsible for preparation and submission of Intrastat returns in accordance with tax legislation and guidance.
- Manage the process of preparing Capital Goods Records.
- Reconciliation of tax balances to accounts.
- Champion an increased awareness of tax risks, threats and opportunities across the business
- Provide appropriate support/advisory/training to all areas of the business on tax related matters, including researching and resolving technical queries, carrying out periodic reviews, and advising of any updates in new tax legislation.
- Liaising with Shared Services and Group Tax regarding tax compliance, processing and reporting
- In conjunction with Group Tax liaise with external/internal auditors, tax advisors and the Revenue Authorities including any audit requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- AITI Qualified with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA).
- An ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Have strong exposure to all areas of taxation including corporation tax, deferred tax, VAT, RCT, PSWT and Payroll taxes.
- Have thorough knowledge of Irish tax legislation.
- Have experience of working in a large complex organization, experience of operating in a utility company or in a regulated industry would be an advantage.
- Ability to distil complex taxation legislation in meaningful advice.
- Excellent skills in excel and experience in PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas and implementing solutions.
- Proactively identifying new areas of learning and using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact:
Aoife Hartigan | Recruitment Consultant| t: +353 21 4626100 e: email@example.com