Food Technologist. This is being offered as a 2 year fixed-term contract.
• Development of concepts and products across the product portfolio.
• Bench and Pilot scale trials on site and off site.
• Up-scaling developed products in factory environment.
• Presentation of product range/new ideas/concepts
• Follow through the launch of new products
• Complete product specifications
• Sourcing of ingredients and ingredient specifications from suppliers
• Understanding consumer trends in relation to the product range and identifying and formulating technically and commercially viable new products
• Keep up to date on market trends and technical developments
• Re-engineering of existing products and optimising formulations and manufacturing processes.
• Communicating with other functions within the organisation and external suppliers
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• Possess a minimum of a 3rd level Degree in Food Technology/Science or a related subject.
• A logical, structured , scientific approach combined with good record keeping.
• Experience in working on the development of food products/recipes in a multi-disciplined team environment in the manufacturing/catering industry will be an advantage.
• A keen interest in health and wellness in a diet/lifestyle context.
• Good Project Management and Presentation Skills
• Be flexible and adaptable
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Be computer literate
• Full driving licence
This role would be best suited to a self-starter with drive and persistence to see a job through to conclusion. Ideally the person should be organised, methodical, factual, inquisitive, self-reliant and have a strong need to maintain quality and achieve a worthwhile result.