Quality Manager - County Louth.
In this role you will operate at a hands-on level throughout the plant.
• You will have direct responsibility for managing the level of quality on all company projects. Responsible for day-to-day running of Quality Management System including Product inspections, corrective action system, conducting Internal & External Audits, management of calibration, new product introduction.
• Communication with Suppliers & Customers and representation of company during client audits and meetings.
• Responsible for the development of site-specific Quality Control Plans and Inspection documentation plans.
• Training of individuals and groups on Quality Procedures, documents, forms & new products.
• Maintaining the companies ISO EN 9001:2008 Quality Management Standard
• Actively update the company documentation to produce a modern and robust quality management system that meets the current requirements.
• Manage continuous improvement reviews & provide reports on KPI’s related to current projects by supporting all departments including Production, Purchasing, Engineering and Inspection.
Qualifications, Skills & experience sought :
Approximately 10 years' experience including significant quality management roles in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
With a proven track record of making quality and compliance decisions applying sound engineering & regulatory judgment while taking an overall approach to understanding the business impact of decisions.
Degree or higher in relevant engineering/science field with strong people skills, leadership skills with good communication and motivation.
Organization and planning skills- must be able to act independently and with the least amount of direct supervision, self-organise, schedule, and prioritise workload and manage simultaneous activities.
Management of Quality Management System ISO 9001:2008, ideally with a formal Auditor Certification
Capable of implementing BS 13485 (Medical Device Standard)
Previous experience in the Medical or Aerospace sectors would be a key advantage .
Strong background/experience in machining metals, tolerances and surface finishes are an advantange for this role.