JOB TITLE: Network & Voice Engineer
To support ongoing expansion the Digiweb Group are seeking an experienced Network and/or Voice Engineer to join it’s Network Engineering Department – working with other departments to provide the infrastructure to deliver services such as Voice, Wireless and Fibre Powered connectivity, Mobile Broadband, IPTV, and new service locations. The successful candidate will have responsibility for voice and data traffic on the Digiweb Network. The individual will have the expertise to identify and make recommendations to ensure the availability of the Core network through design and change management.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidates should ideally have min 2 years experience in an ISP, carrier, managed services provider or system integrator environment with direct experience of voice, network router / switch deployment and support.
Experience in dealing with customers on a technical level for delivery of premium business services would be a significant advantage.
· Practical and hands-on understanding of Cisco routers, switches and firewalls with particular emphasis on management and provisioning of Ethernet, VPN and DSL services.
· Hands-on implementation experience of voice services, traffic, billing and switch management, including interconnects, SS7, and ISDN
· Good understanding of TCP/IP and associated protocols is a must.
· Knowledge of core networking/routing protocols – including MPLS, BGP and ISIS
Understanding of QoS, Ethernet, VLAN’s and Voice (both TDM and SIP). Understanding of Radius, Syslog, DNS and PPPoE. · Experience in using Network management tools such as HP Openview, Nagios and MRTG an advantage
· Experience with Fibre optic networks (including CWDM and DWDM) and its associated transmission an advantage
· Experience with Linux, Solaris and other UNIX variants a significant advantage.
· Knowledge of security standards and procedures
· Understanding of the next generation IP Telecommunications technology is a distinct advantage.
CCNA or CCNP qualified (desirable but not essential depending on experience) Ability to work on own initiative and hit the ground running. Ability to liaise with customers and to capture relevant information for more complex technical installations.
Competency Profile / Essential Personal Skills Required:
· Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work around issues and have a creative innovative approach with regards to problem solving.
· Must have proven project management capabilities
· Experience in progress reporting to management.
· Ability to multitask across multiple projects is a must.
· Strong self-motivation, work ethic with ‘can do’ attitude.
· Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff.
· Willingness to travel on occasion.
· Must be dependable & flexible and willing to work independently or as part of a team.
· Good documentation skills.
· Participate on an on-call team roster system for out of hours support
Attractive Salary Pension Healthcare Mobile / Laptop Car Parking
Position : Fulltime
Location : Dublin, Blanchardstown