ELECTRICAL /ELECTROMAGNETIC DESIGN ENGIN
ELECTRICAL MACHINE DESIGN ENGINEER
Our client is a technology business that designs and manufactures marine turbines to generate renewable energy from tidal streams. The company's vision is to deploy farms of tidal turbines under the world's oceans
Scope of position:
We require an Electromagnetic / Electrical Machine Design Engineer, with a proactive and flexible attitude, to develop electrical generator systems.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and development of electrical generators.
- Design power conditioning equipment to convert the turbines output.
- Develop and own the Generator design numerical models.
- Prepare component specifications and liaise with suppliers on procurement.
- Develop turbine control systems.
- Ownership of the in-house generator test facilities.
- Assist the manufacturing department during construction of the electrical generator.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Min 5 years electrical engineering postgraduate study and/or work experience in generator design (low voltage)
- Excellent analytical and general electrical problem solving skills, with a proactive and practical approach. Emphasis on simplicity of design and operation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and team skills.
- Experience of dealing with external customers and contractors, and must have customer and quality focus in all aspects of work.
- Ability to cooperate closely with all other departments in the company.
- Postgraduate qualification in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Machines.
- Experience in the design and construction of electrical machines.
- Working knowledge of grid compliant power conditioning.
- Experience of power transmission in a marine environment.
- Electrical engineering experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Experience of modelling electrical systems with Matlab Simulink.