Embedded Linux Software Engineer required to work as part of an experienced team on the development of software systems for an embedded Platform.
- Embedded code design in C/++ for ARM7 processors and ARM microcontrollers
- RTOS application code (Linux, Free RTOS) and driver development
- Development of video processing blocks in VHDL / Vivado HLS for Xilinx FPGA devices
- Schematic design of digital video processing circuits
- PCB layout and prototype board building, testing and verification
- Generation of hardware, software and system design specifications
- Production engineering tasks required to bring designs into production
- Document generation such as Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), Bill of Material (BOMs),
- New Product Introduction (NPI), etc.
- Oversee CE compliance testing to relevant standards
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence 0035316321200 Emer.Moore@icds.ie
- Honours Degree in Electronic engineering with 3-5 years experience in a design engineering role
- Embedded Linux development
- Knowledge of digital video standards
- Detailed knowledge of digital video sensors, including CMOS sensors and block cameras (720p, 1080p, 4K)
- C/++ coding experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and QT
- Familiarity with Open CV
- PCB design and layout experience using Easy PC / PADS
- Experience with memory devices such as Serial EEPROM, FLASH, SRAM, DDR, FIFOs
- Knowledge of USB2, USB3.0, USB3.1, USB3 Vision, DVI/HDMI and SD card standards
- Knowledge of communication standards such as I2C, SPI, UART
- DC – DC circuit design for portable battery operated devices
- The successful candidate will be expected to display a high degree of initiative and will be required to work within a team environment. Good written and oral communications skills are essential.