Leading edge Medical Devices has an urgent requirement for a dynamic Buyer/Planner with up to date manufacturing experience.
Buyer/Planner - Cork - Medical Devices
* Manage the supply of materials ensuring a high standard of customer service without disruption to the production plan.
* Inventory Management - manage inventory levels in line with agreed targets and report monthly on the status of inventory levels for assigned portfolio.
* Identify and challenge safety stock levels, MOQ's, component lead-times, etc as part of inventory management.
* Measure and report material shortages which are impacting the production plan.
* Maintain item master data, i.e. lead times, minimum order qty/order multiple, safety stock levels, etc to ensure 100% system data accuracy at all times.
* Ensure and maintain realistic dates on PO's for accuracy of information to Production, Planning and Customer Service at all times.
* Expedite or de-expedite product as required ensuring material availability at all times, whilst meeting agreed inventory targets.
* Action MRP (Planning Model) messages effectively and efficiently, within the agreed timeframe.
* Timely release of purchase orders in line with MRP (Planning Model).
* Work closely with Production Planners to allow generation of a valid production plan.
* Achieve agreed OTD (On Time Delivery) targets.
* Develop and implement a robust systemic process to accurately project, manage and deliver on our PPV commitments.
* Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports as required.
* Third level qualification with 3+ years experience in a Procurement role.
* Thorough knowledge of day to day practises within MRP II environment.
* IIPMM or APICS qualification preferred but not essential.
* Conversant with company policies/ procedures/ regulatory and FDA standards.
* Experience of working in a highly regulated environment such as FDA is desirable.
* Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Customer focused.
* Works with a sense of urgency and attention to detail at all times.
* Ability to project manage, work under pressure and meet agreed and often tight deadlines.
* Strong organisational skills from both administrative and hands on standpoints .
* Results, goals and measurement metrics oriented.
* Proven negotiator.